Thank you for your interest in Nichols School!
Nichols is an academically challenging institution, and therefore, an applicant’s school grades, admissions test scores, recommendations from teachers, and personal interview are important factors in the admission process. When considering an international student’s application to Nichols, the Admissions Committee also looks at proven English proficiency, achievement outside the classroom, community involvement, and personal interests.
Contact the placement organization: Nichols requests that families work with Nacel Open Door or The Cambridge Institute.
Apply: A complete Nichols application includes the following:
- Application for Admission
- Admissions test
- Complete transcript
- Two teacher recommendation forms
- Student visit and interview (if unable to visit in person, Step V will fulfill interview requirement)
- TOEFL: Applicants must take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) if English is not their native language. Nichols asks applicants to complete the TOEFL® Internet-based Test (iBT). Please visit www.ets.org for more information about the TOEFL exam and how to register. The TOEFL code for Nichols School is 1791. The minimum score accepted is 80 for all applicants.
- Nichols Admissions Test: Applicants are required to take the Nichols School Admissions test. To do so, you must contact someone from your current school and ask them to proctor the Nichols School admissions test. The proctor must be a teacher or counselor. Once a proctor is confirmed and has contacted the Nichols School Admissions Office, testing will be emailed to his or her attention. When the testing is complete, the proctor will return the examination materials to Nichols School for scoring. Please note: Nichols will NOT substitute a SLEP score for either the TOEFL or the Nichols School Admissions Test.
Personal Essay: Applicants must submit a written essay for review. Instructions will come from the international agency partner and/or the Nichols School Admissions Office.
Student Interview: Applicants must have an interview, which can be completed via Skype. Steps 1–4 of the application process must be completed before an interview can be scheduled. Applicants should contact the Admissions Office, at email@example.com to set up an interview. Please reserve one half hour for this interview.
For International Student Tuition and Fees, please click here for more information.
All of the relevant items listed above must be completed and/or received in the Admissions Office before the file will be considered for admission to Nichols School.