Step I. Contact the placement organization.
Nichols requests that families work with Nacel Open Door
Step II. Apply. A complete Nichols application includes the following:
- Application for Admission
- Student visit and interview
- Admissions test
- Current transcript
- Teacher recommendation forms
- Parent visit
Step III. Testing:
- TOEFL: All applicants must take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) if English is not their native language. Nichols asks applicants to complete the TOEFL® Internet-based Test (iBT). Please visit www.ets.org for more information about the TOEFL exam and how to register. The TOEFL code for Nichols School is 1791.
- Nichols Admissions Test: Applicants are required to take the Nichols School Admissions test. To do so, you must contact someone from your current school and ask them to proctor the Nichols School admissions test. The proctor must be a teacher or counselor. Once a proctor is confirmed and has contacted the Nichols School Admissions Office, testing will be emailed to his or her attention. When the testing is complete, the proctor will return the examination materials to Nichols School for scoring.
*Please note: Nichols will NOT substitute a SLEP score for either the TOEFL of the Nichols School Admissions Test.
Step IV. Personal Statement and/or Essay: Please submit a 600 word double-spaced typed personal statement.
Step V. Student Interview:
All Nichols School applicants must have an interview, which can be completed via Skype. Steps 1–4 of the application process must be completed before an interview can be scheduled. Applicants should contact the Admissions Office, at email@example.com
to set up an interview. Please reserve one half hour for this interview.Step VI. International Student Tuition and Fees:
All of the relevant items listed above must be completed and/or received in the Admissions Office before the file will be reviewed for acceptance to Nichols School.