The first step in applying to Nichols School is to let us know that you are interested. Complete our online Inquiry Form or call the office at 716-332-6325.
A complete Nichols application includes the following:
- Application for Admission
- Student shadow visit and interview
- Admissions test
- Current transcript
- Teacher recommendation forms
- Parent visit or "See Us In Action" event
- December 15: Financial Aid Application due; Admissions Application due for Financial Aid Applicants (A completed application includes: online application form and fee, current transcript, required recommendation forms, shadow day, parent visit and admissions test)
- January 12: Admissions Application due (A completed application includes: online application form and fee, current transcript, required recommendation forms, shadow day, parent visit and admissions test)
- January 19: Admissions decision letters mailed (If a completed application is received by January 10)
- February 1: Deadline for accepting Offers of Admission (Enrollment contract and deposit due)
III. Student SHADOW & Interview
We require that our prospective students spend the day at Nichols visiting classes and meeting faculty and prospective classmates. During the day, an informal interview with an admissions representative will take place. These visits take place from October through May. Please call the Admissions Office at 716-332-6325 to schedule a date that is convenient for your family. The Application for Admission must be submitted online before an applicant may visit.
Visits take place on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, from 7:50 a.m. to 1:40 p.m.
There are regularly scheduled Nichols Admissions tests during the year. Please check the Admissions Calendar
for the dates. The Application for Admission must be submitted online before an applicant may test. Please call the Admissions Office at 716-332-6325
to register. An applicant does not have to visit campus before he/she takes the test.
V. Parent Visit
We require that all parents attend one of our "See Us In Action" events. These events take place during the school day and include brief class visits, a campus tour and an opportunity to speak with faculty and administrators. Please call the Admissions Office at 716-332-6325 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to register. If you are a current family or have a child who has recently graduated, a separate meeting about your child applying is required.
VI. Wait Pool
After the initial Jan. 12 application deadline, the Admissions Office continues to process applications and mail decisions for each grade until that grade is fully enrolled. As each grade becomes fully enrolled, a wait pool is established. Students in the wait pool are not assigned numerical priority. If space becomes available, students are selected from the wait pool by the Admissions Committee.